Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A New 'Do

I got my haircut on Saturday. This isn't a big deal to most people but it's the shortest I have ever cut my hair. It is actually above my shoulders. I have had it close to this before but never quite this short. My hair had just been bugging me so much ever since the birth of our son and I thought it was time for a change.

I always get my hair cut after I have a baby. I don't know why. I know other women who do as well. I know my mom always did. I don't know if it is a fear of letting myself go or if I want to prove that I can still be stylish and attractive even though I just had a baby. Who knows? All I know is that my hair was bugging me and I wanted something different. I might let it grow back long, but for now I like it at it's current length. And, it dries so much faster after my shower. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I like my hair shorter for that very reason. I can wash it, comb it back and let it dry naturally. I don't like messing with my hair.

November 9, 2005 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

I've never made it past the shoulders either.

New moms probably chop it off because it's easier, tiny little hands and mouths can't grasp it, less chance of food/spit up getting into it, etc.

November 9, 2005 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 9, 2005 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home