Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well, its finally here. Snow. I always get excited about the first big snowfall but by about January I am usually pretty sick of it. We got about 6-8 inches (maybe more) of snow between Tuesday and Wednesday. Another storm is supposed to arrive this afternoon. We have a snowblower now and that is really nice. No more shoveling! I haven't used the snowblower yet. Steve still has to show me how it works.

I do have to admit that the snow has put me more in the Christmas spirit. We were going to set up our Christmas tree this weekend but I couldn't wait so I dug it and all of the Christmas decorations out of the garage yesterday. I turned on the Christmas music and the girls and I decorated the tree and then I put out some of the decorations. I didn't put out as many as I usually do because we just don't have the room anymore. Steve would probably say that we don't have room for what I did put out, but he is not big on Christmas decorating. His thing is lights. He got the Christmas lights up before Thanksgiving. They didn't get turned on until the night before Thanksgiving though. I don't like it when they are on before then. I had told him that I didn't want them on until Thanksgiving but he didn't listen to me. Why am I not surprised?

I really can't believe that Christmas will be here in a little over 3 weeks. It seems to sneek up on me every year. My mom called me today to find out what she should get for the kids for Christmas. I wasn't much help to her because we don't even know what we are getting them yet. We do know that we are getting the girls bunk beds but we also want to get them presents that they can unwrap.

It looks like the storm is starting to move in. It will be interesting to see how much snow we get from this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

i told you the girls need a garage door opener.

p.s. thanks for tattaling on me. . .

December 1, 2005 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home