Sunday, October 09, 2005

Counting Down

17 days and counting.

I am actually very surprised that I have made it this far. On Friday I started to think that maybe I was feeling the early stages of labor starting, but now I think that my body is just getting ready for the big event. It's not quite ready for labor to actually happen. That does not mean that I couldn't have this baby tonight or even this afternoon. Only God knows what is going on and when this baby is going to arrive. I am still holding out for 38 weeks (even though I wouldn't complain if the baby was born today) because that has been my goal all along and if he is born at or after 38 weeks he will not be considered premature or preterm.

This afternoon we are going to my in-laws' for a barbecue to celebrate Steve's and his sister's birthday. I have to be careful about how much I am on my feet because of my blood pressure (which has been pretty good lately; occasionally a little high) but gravity is the best thing to make labor start. So, if I am on my feet a lot that could start something. Then again, it might not.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home