Friday, September 30, 2005

A Little Nervous

I have been thinking more and more about how big this baby might get if I go close to full-term with this pregnancy. It kind of scares me when I think about it. See, I am used to having babies in the 4-5 pound range. That is kind of nice for delivery. Two or three pushes and they're out. It kind of reminds me of that scene in the movie "Big Fish". I haven't seen the whole movie but I have seen that part.

Anyway, the longer I am pregnant, the bigger the baby gets. Right? If I stay pregnant much longer this is going to be like having my first baby. I don't really know what to expect for delivering a 6-7+ pound baby. The only thing I really know to expect is more pain and probably more pushing. And, the pushing is the worst part. Also, members of my family tend to have babies that are over 8 or 9 pounds with big heads. I'm terrified!

I don't even know why I am writing this post. Writing about labor has made me think about it more and that just scares me more. Actually, I don't know that I am really scared. I am just dreading what I know is coming and the fact that I can't stop it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ErinG said...

Thanks for the encouragement Bre. I'm sure everything will be fine. He could be here anyday. I just hopes he waits until about 38 weeks because then he will not be considered preterm or premature.

September 30, 2005 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home