Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Longest Pregnancy Ever

Well, I should say the longest pregnancy ever for me. Today I hit 36 weeks. I did make it to 36 weeks with our last daughter but she was born at 5:38 in the morning, so I have surpassed that. Yippee!

I went to the doctor again today. He said everything looked good. My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been at previous appointments but he wasn't really concerned yet. He told me what to watch for that would make me need to get in to see him right away. Next week he wants to check me to see if I am dilated. Hmm. That should be fun. Of course, that's if I make it another week.

After I picked up the girls from their aunt's house after my appointment, my oldest asked me why I had to go to the hospital. I told her that that is where I will have the baby. She then told me that she didn't want me to go there because then they (they being her sister, her daddy and herself) wouldn't have me anymore. Meaning, she thought the hospital was going to keep me. I tried not to laugh because she was really concerned, and then I explained to her that I will only stay at the hospital a couple of days and then I will come back home with her baby brother. I also told her that she will get to go to one of her grandparents' houses when I have the baby. She was excited about that. I guess she doesn't remember too well my hospital stay when I had her sister.

Well, until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger stebbijo said...

I do feel for you -- I really do. Everyone of my children pushed 10 months!

September 29, 2005 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

I can't imagine being pregnant that long since the longest I have gone is only 8 months. Were your babies big?

September 29, 2005 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home