Thursday, October 06, 2005

Still Pregnant

There you have it. I am still counting down to the big day which could be anyday. I had another visit with the MD yesterday. He discovered that I am dilated to 2 cm but not effaced. That doesn't really mean anything though. I could have this baby today or it might be another 3 weeks. I hope not the latter. I go back and forth about when I want to have this baby. Sometimes I want him born yesterday and other times I think I could wait awhile. The times that I want to wait are when I have been thinking about the pain that is awaiting me. I am a big baby. I know that I can handle it. I've done it twice before.

Right now I just want to get this pregnancy over with. Last night Steve and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. I was so miserable afterwards and I didn't even eat that much. There is just no room left. Also, I slept horribly last night. I woke up every hour to hour and a half and I just couldn't get comfortable.

I know a lot of pain awaits me but I know that it will be worth it in the end. I hope he comes soon. I can't imagine another 3 weeks of this. I think if I go past my due date (highly unlikely) I will have an elective induction within a couple of days because my doctor leaves for vacation 4 days after my due date. I really like my doctor and I want him to deliver our baby. This is my first pregnancy that he has been my doctor but I have been impressed by him. With the last 2 deliveries I have had doctors that weren't my doctors throughout the pregnancy. This time I want to have my doctor.

3 Comments:

Blogger ErinG said...

My doctor is Dr. Peters but he is in Post Falls.

Being pregnant in the summer was not too bad except for on the really hot days. That's just uncomfortable because your body seems to be hotter all the time anyway and you have more body mass that moves around slower.

October 6, 2005 at 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I wish you could have c-sections like me, I get off easy, except the spinal headaches. Although I admit those last couples weeks of pregnancy are terrible! So hopefully it will be soon you are close enough, it would be fine, infact you will be happy you did go a little early! Sorry I know this isn't helping! hehehe.....evil laugh
Erica~

October 8, 2005 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Hey sister! I am glad that you have visited my site. Maybe we will get to see you soon.

October 9, 2005 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home