Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Go Away Winter

I can't believe the weather. It's making me sick. It is snowing today. Yuck! I am so ready for spring to be here. We had a pretty mild winter and I loved it. And now that spring is almost here winter decides that it wants to hang around little bit longer. Grrr.

I'm ready to pull out the flip flops and the capris and shorts. I want to be able to pull the cushions for the porch swing out of the garage and grab a book and swing lazily while the kids play in the back yard. I want to be able to eat dinner on the back patio.

I just looked out the front window and the poor robins are pecking through the snow trying to find food. I'm sure they're anxious for spring too.

I think I was made to live someplace tropical. I do like snow but I get really sick of it by about December. I love warmth. I actually really like the weather in Cuba. It does get very hot and humid there but there is something about that kind of weather that I like. Maybe I should live in Florida since I can't live in Cuba. Nor would I want to with the government that they have in place there right now. I would love to go back there though. And, I really want to feel the heat right now.

Well, it's getting hard to see the grass now. I hope this snow doesn't hang around too long.

10 Comments:

Blogger JBelle said...

This snow is a little slice of heaven, isn't it???

March 14, 2006 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Word Tosser said...

Erin, I am sorry about the snow... you see it is my fault.

Last Monday before the big snow on Wed.... well, I thought Spring was just around the corner, so I took down the Christmas light around the fence, and then I put up my windchimes... and put out my summer statutes...
I am sorry.... really I am...

March 14, 2006 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

granati put up our wind chimes as well. And, he finally took down the Christmas lights a couple of weeks ago. So, I guess he is just as much to blame.

March 14, 2006 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Well, my crocuses (sp?) are bloomin' and the tulips are right behind, so spring is almost here!

March 19, 2006 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Word Tosser said...

Warning...warning.... more snow may be coming your way.....
I took down the rest of my christmas lights, and trimmed some of my plants today.... sorry Erin...

By the way your picture looks like the fair maiden,Marion (?) from Robin Hood

March 20, 2006 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Don't tell me that Word Tosser. I don't want any more winter. Today is starting out just beautifully. I don't want it to end up like yesterday.

March 21, 2006 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger JBelle said...

She DOES look like Marian, doesn't she? Erin, tell me what's going on with your kids? Distract me from this gray that has just about rusted me clean through....

March 21, 2006 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello ps1, well its below freezing here in Amsterdam sunny but a fresh dusting of snow. I see it is 97 in India, next stop

March 22, 2006 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

What is with this Marian talk? :) I'll post soon jb3ll3 about the kids.

Hey Dad! It was good to hear from you. Freezing in Amsterdam and HOT in India. Why am I not surprised that it's hot in India. It's supposed to get over 50 today and be close to 60 tomorrow. We'll see.

March 22, 2006 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

BTW Dad, thanks for the "ps1" comment. :)

March 22, 2006 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home