Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Big Scare

We had a bit of a scare today in our household. Steve took our oldest daughter to the doctor today because she has still been battling this cold-like illness. Actually, today she has been doing a little bit better but she was still coughing this morning so I made an appointment for her to see the doctor. Our usual doctor was all booked up so she got in to see another doctor in the same practice. Shortly after Steve took her I got a call from him saying that he was on his way to the hospital. The doctor thought she might have RSV. Anyone who is a parent knows that you don't want to hear that. RSV is highly contagious and can be very serious in young children and babies. Poor girl. She had to go through more awful things at the ER. She is going to grow up hating the hospital.

Anyway, the nurse from the doctor's office called a little while ago and said that the test results for RSV came back negative. Praise God! And, the doctor just called a couple of minutes ago and said she probably just has some kind of virus that just needs to finish working its way through her system. I am just so glad that she doesn't have RSV.

But now I am the one feeling sick. I woke up this morning with a dry throat and as the day has progressed I now have a sore throat and a really bad headache. Oh well. I knew I was bound to get it eventually. Steve was the one that brought this one home. Our second daughter looks like she might be battling a small cold. Hopefully, it will just stay that. And I hope that our son stays healthy. So far we have been very lucky that he hasn't even caught a cold yet.

Well, I better sign off. I have to go start dinner. Steve has to go to Awana alone tonight but we still have to eat early so he can get there on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home