Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Great Debate

Whew! Just a little while ago I got caught up in a debate over at Huckleberries regarding abortion. There was a World Net Daily poll asking whether or not you believe Roe v. Wade will ever be overturned. I put in my two cents and shortly after that the fireworks started.

I am pro-life but many of the commenters on Dave's blog are pro-choice. Abortion is an issue that is very close to my heart and I have some very strong opinions about it. Anyway, it was a good debate. It didn't get out of hand or turn into a flame war like so many debates over there do. It was a civil debate for the most part.

It was nice to be back debating at Huckleberries. I haven't done it in so long because I just haven't been in the mood to. In fact, I hardly ever comment over there anymore. Too busy I guess. Most days I just check in and see what's being talked about. But, I enjoyed myself today. I just felt like I needed to stand up for what I believe in. Non-Christians usually do not understand why I believe the things I do. I believe the things I do because of my faith. If you don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ or have faith in Him than you can't understand where I'm coming from. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, it was a good debate.

3 Comments:

Blogger ErinG said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 7, 2006 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

It's tough to be the pro-life voice in a sea of pro-choicers. I've been that voice myself a few times. I don't like to ruffle people's feathers, either, but if people are willing to have that debate in an open forum, they should be prepared to have people disagree with them (and be civil about it). Years ago I was a pro-choicer myself and I know all their arguments because I've made them myself. And now that my eyes have been opened, I can see how faulty my logic was.

March 7, 2006 at 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE Axinar

I would not bother to change anything. The main problem with a liberal is... you can never really please them. If you give them something they want more. Example---Government

March 7, 2006 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home