Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Razr Sharp

I got my new pink Razr phone yesterday! Steve got a black one but I like my pink girlie phone. At first I didn't like it because it's a Motorola and I am used to using a Nokia phone which is much more user-friendly. I've pretty much figured out the important stuff now so I like it much better. I like having a camera phone too.

The reason we got new phones was because we decided that we are going to go completely wireless in our household. We got a new laptop because this computer that I am using now is extremely slow. On Friday the cable guy is coming out to set up our wireless internet. We're not going to get broadband yet because it is a little expensive so we are going to try 256k to start with and see how we like it. Anything has to be better than the dial-up I am using right now. For our phones we got a family plan. I have always had a cell phone but Steve has only ever had his through work so he can't use it as freely as he would like to. We have both always liked the Razr phones since they came out and so when I found a deal on the internet to get them for free with a new family plan account we decided to get them. I guess I shouldn't say they are free yet. We had to pay $200 to get them and then we are supposed to get a $200 rebate on them. When Steve got to work today and printed out the rebate forms he found out that we can't send for our rebate until the middle of June. What?! He called the company that we got the phones from to find out why we had to wait so long and its because they want a copy of the bill that we will get in May to make sure that we actually follow through with Cingular and set up an account. Geez. I have dealt with this company before and I didn't have to wait that long to send for my rebate but I guess they have changed their policy. Luckily, we are getting our tax refund soon so it isn't a problem for us to pay that money up front and wait that long to get our rebate.

Now, I have to go bug most of the people that are in my address book and take their pictures so that I can see their lovely smiling faces when they call me. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

actually, the cable guy is coming out to install the internet line. i have to set up the wireless network =?

February 21, 2006 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

btw 'rin,
you got some hits from sweden, new zealand, and brazil today. congrats...

February 21, 2006 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger stebbijo said...

Me and cell phones just don't see eye to eye. We had a real mess with Cingular a while back ago. It was a nightmare,

I had a prepaid cell I let expire - a cheap one I used and updated with a 20 dollar bill. Too expensive. Now we use skype and it is cheap - cheap, Out entire phone and internet bill is only 50 bucks a month with unlimited long distance. I can live without the cell phone.

February 23, 2006 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

My problem is is that I don't know how I lived before my cell phone. My parents got me my first one when I was 16 because my car broke down once and I was lucky that it was the middle of the day and someone stopped and let me use theirs. I worked late nights and lived out of town and they didn't want to risk that happening at 1:00 in the morning.

February 24, 2006 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home