Sunday, September 03, 2006

Camp Has Come and Gone

Well, as you can see from the title camp has come and gone. We had such a fun and awesome time! Camp lasted from Tuesday of last week until Friday. The weather started off nice on Tuesday but got much colder on Wednesday and by that afternoon it was pouring down buckets of rain. The weather was nicer the next two days but the mornings and evenings were very cool.

I am so glad that I was able to get to be a part of serving and ministering to the kids in our youth group at camp. The games were so much fun, the chapel sessions were really good and the worship was awesome. To lead worship for the week our church brought up a band called Shachah. They are from Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in southern California. Shachah is a Hebrew word meaning to bow down and worship. They are an awesome group of musicians who have a heart for serving Jesus. They did a concert on Thursday night with their own music. It was fun to get out there and dance around with the kids. Steve was their sound person for the week and when their drummer found out that he is also into photography he asked him to take pictures of them during the concert. Steve got some really good shots that their drummer liked a lot and some of them may end up on the band's website. That would be cool.

Like I said earlier, I am so glad that I was able to have the opportunity to minister to these kids. I shared a cabin with 7 high school girls and the other girl's high school leader, Gina. It was nice getting to know the girls better. I don't know many of them very well since we haven't been helping with the youth group for that long so I try to take advantage of every opportunity I have to talk with them and get to know them better.

I thought it was going to be really difficult to be away from our kids while we were at camp but God's grace got me through it. I was so happy to see them when we got home. These 3 nights and 4 days were just a warm-up for our trip to India in November when we will be away from them for almost 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home