Saturday, June 30, 2007

Really Bummed

Remember that in my last post I was really excited because Jeff was going to Hawaii and he thought that the chance of him going to Iraq was smaller? Remember that? Scroll down and read it if you don't. Anyway, that is not the case. Shortly after getting to Hawaii he found out they are sending him to Iraq in February. I have not heard from him since he got there but he did call my parents to let them know. We're all really disappointed. Obviously, February is still a ways off and a lot can change between now and then. He will get to spend about 3 weeks here with us for Christmas so I am very happy about that. But I would definitely trade spending time with him at Christmas if it meant that he didn't have to go to Iraq. What can I do though? He knew this was a possibility when he signed up. We all did. I think he is accepting it more readily than the rest of us though. Oh well. I know he is in God's hands.

By the way, my family is now here back from India for the next couple of months. It looks like this summer is going to be a busy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home