Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Countdown to Florida!

A new countdown is on. I'm going to Florida in 3 weeks. I'm really excited about it! The purpose of the trip is to drive across the country back here to Idaho with my sister and her 2 kids because they are moving back. I'm leaving on the evening of Wednesday the 28th and taking an overnight flight from Seattle. I'll get to Miami at about 7:00 a.m. their time and then I'll have a day to rest up and see some sights. We'll leave on Friday the 30th. We're planning on taking 5 days (hopefully) to drive back across the country. I'm excited because I've always wanted to drive across the U.S. It looks like the route that we'll be taking is going to take us through Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and then of course into Idaho. It will be 5 very long days of driving (especially with a 4 year old and a 2 year old in the car) but it will be good to spend some quality time with my sister. We haven't seen each other since last July.

I wish that I could take our laptop along so that I could blog about our daily adventures while on the road. But, I'll just have to tell all my stories when I get back. Please keep us in your prayers if you think about us. I'm going to be a little nervous about driving that far without Stephen, but I know that God is in control. Plus, my sister joined AAA. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

everything will be ok. you know that. i'll miss you while you're gone.

March 9, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger thehotrodqueen said...

i'll praying for a safe trip. i'm sure it will be quite an adventure. don't forget to take photos! i bet you are glad that your sister and her children will be back close to you all.

March 10, 2007 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. I've driven across the US 7 times (5 in cars and twice by RV). 5 days is pushing it especially diagonal from FL to ID. I suggest you go slower, see the scenery and enjoy the trip more. Just grandfatherly advice.

March 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home