Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Beautiful Day

What a beautiful, hot day today was. The high was somewhere in the 90s. We went up to Lake Pend Oreille this afternoon after we got home from church. We met my parents and brothers and sister up there and spent the afternoon playing in the lake. We have a family friend who owns a place on the lake with a private beach. A couple of weeks ago we went up for the weekend, but today was just for the afternoon. We usually try to make it up there for at least one weekend every summer. It is such a wonderful way to relax.

My grandpa owns a boat and lets my dad pull it up there. He took it today and we went out on it so that my husband could get in a session of wakeboarding (probably his last chance of the summer). We were going for about 10 minutes or so when the boat died. My dad finally got it started again after a few minutes and he decided it would be best if we took it back in for the day. We didn't want to have to row back to the dock. My husband was disappointed that he didn't get to go out longer but he was glad that he did get to go out for a little while. We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach. Everybody swam except for me. That lake is cold! I just had fun watching everyone else play.

Well, I don't have much else to say tonight. Hopefully soon Steve (my husband) will teach me how to put pictures on here so my blog will be a little more interesting and exciting. I'll be back sometime tomorrow to blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home