Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Today is my baby girl's birthday! I still call her my baby girl even though we have another baby. She is 2 years old today and I can hardly believe it. As I always say, time flies.

I think we are going to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate the occasion. She doesn't understand that it is her birthday but Steve likes any excuse to go out to dinner. What does that say about my cooking? Hmmm. Anyway, we have been tossing around the idea of celebrating her birthday on June 29th instead of when it actually is. That way when she gets older she won't feel like she is getting cheated on her birthday since it is so close to Christmas and she can get summer clothes and all other things summery and not just a bunch of winter things. I know of a few other people who have birthdays close to Christmas and they have always felt like they kind of get cheated out of their birthdays. I don't want her to feel like that. Right now she wouldn't even know but it would be nice to wait to celebrate it. She just got a lot of clothes for Christmas and it would give our checking account (or credit card) a little bit of a break.

We had a nice Christmas and I hope that all of my regular readers did as well. We spent the morning here at home. The girls opened up their gifts from us and Steve and I opened up our gifts from each other. We usually don't get each other any thing but we decided to this year. We went to my parent's house early in the afternoon after they got home from church and exchanged more presents. Then we ate dinner with them. We went to Steve's parents' house in the evening and again exchanged more presents. After a few hours there it was definitely time to head home. Our two oldest kids and Steve's sister's oldest were getting quite cranky. Two days with little or no naps had finally caught up to all of them. All in all it was a good day.

Steve has had all of this week off. It has been nice having him home but I think we are driving him nuts. Now he gets to see what I put up with on a daily basis. Yesterday him and my brother put in our garage door opener. We have lived in our house for over 3 years and just now got a garage door opener. We were probably the only people in our neighborhood who didn't have one. Well, now we are modern like everyone else.

I should probably be signing off. The baby is starting to fuss. Oh, I almost forgot. For those of you who are interested in his stats he just had his 2 month doctor's visit on Monday. He weighed in at 11 lbs. 13 oz. and was 23 3/4 in. long. He was 6 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 in. at birth and he will be 11 weeks old on Saturday.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

1 Comments:

Blogger stebbijo said...

Happy Birthday -- Baby girl!

The 29th is our wedding anniversary.

December 30, 2005 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home