Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tis the Season

Well, Christmas is almost upon us. Just a few days left. I am almost ready. I still have a few presents left to wrap. I haven't decided how much Christmas baking I am going to do. Steve and I have been trying to lose weight. I know it's Christmas. We should be enjoying ourselves. We are. The problem is that I have quite the sweet tooth and I would be home with all of the baked goods all day. That's a HUGE temptation for me. Plus, I know there are plenty of good things to snack on when we go to our parents' houses. Anyway, I'm sure I'll make some fudge or something. I have a great recipe for low-fat fudge. Christmas cookies would be good but they take so long to decorate. Rice Krispies Treats are good and easy. Great. Now I am making myself hungry.

On to another subject. My sister and her kids came into town on Monday. Her husband is in Iraq so she is spending Christmas over here with all of us. She has been living in the Seattle area since last summer. I went and saw them last night at our parents' house. Steve and our oldest daughter were at Awana. My niece and nephew were very excited to see our youngest daughter and our son. It was nice to visit with my sister. It's weird to only get to see her every couple of months now. We keep somewhat in contact by phone and through myspace.

I am excited for Christmas. We will go to the Christmas Eve service at our church and I'm not sure what we are doing afterwards. I'm also not sure if we are doing anything that day. We're not having a Christmas morning service at our church so we will spend the morning here with the kids and they can open up their presents from us. In the afternoon we will go to my parent's house and open presents there and eat dinner with them. After that we will go to the in-law's and open presents with them and probably have dessert there. It will be a busy day as it always is because we have to split our time between two families. But, it's all good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Hi:

Mine mom just got me my furry own kitty blog. Her said you lives not far from me in the Idyho woods. She is going to mine human sisfurs for Christmas dinner today in Hauser. Betcha know where that is. Mine mom reads your blog a lot.

December 25, 2005 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home