Wednesday, January 11, 2006

And the Wind Blows On

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much the wind has been blowing at our house. It started early yesterday morning and has hardly stopped since then. We got a little bit of a reprieve late yesterday in the afternoon and early evening but then it started pouring rain and by the time we got home from Awana last night the wind had started up again.

I didn't fall asleep until after 1:30 a.m. because the wind was so loud. That makes for a very tired Erin today. When the wind hits the side of our house it sounds like our house is going to come tumbling down. Our bedroom is on the side that receives most of the wind and there are all kinds of vents on the outside wall so it gets really loud. Steve went outside this morning to inspect if any damage occurred. Last June when we had a big windstorm part of our fence broke so he wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. So far I think the only damage that we received is that our satellite dish has been knocked off the satellites. That happened yesterday morning though.

A couple of springs ago we planted six hybrid poplar trees along our back fence to create a wind break. Now I think that we should have planted them along the side fence because that's where most of the wind comes from. It creates a wind tunnel through our yard. You would think after 3 1/2 years in our house I would be used to all of the wind we get out here but I think I hate it even more now than I did when we moved in. Maybe once the area gets more developed there will be a little less wind.

On to other news. My parents called from Calcutta, India this morning. They are all doing well. They took my 2 little brothers and my little sister on a 3-week trip to India with them. They spent a few days in Manipur and tomorrow they leave for Siliguri. They will be there for 10 days. On the way home they will stay in Singapore for a day, and then begin the long journey home. I have never been to India but I know from Steve's and my parents' stories that it is a hard trip to make and you get very sick of airplanes. I am praying that the rest of their trip goes well and that they return home safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home