Thursday, March 23, 2006

An Update

Jb3ll3 of Notes From the 'Kan fame asked for an update on the kids. I guess I haven't said anything about them in awhile. So here goes...

We are all finally healthy! I don't like being sick (who does?) but I hate it when my kids are sick. Our oldest was really the only kid that got sick. Our 2 year old just got a little bit of a runny nose that lasted for a couple of days. Nothing too major. And, our son never got anything. He still has yet to catch a cold. Quick! Where's a piece of wood?!

I will admit that the last few days have been trying ones. The girls have been driving me nuts. I love them dearly, but oh boy. I think they are anxious for nice spring weather to arrive too and are tired of being cooped up in the house just like I am. The weather is getting somewhat nicer but still not quite nice enough for me to send them outside to play for a long time. We get a lot of wind at our house, so even if it is not windy anywhere else it is at our house. The wind always makes it feel so much colder than the thermometer says. Steve took them to the neighborhood playground the other day and they really enjoyed that but they were so cold when they came home. We are really seriously thinking about buying the kids a swing set because it would be so nice to just send them outside to play with something that will keep them occupied for a long time. They have a sand box and they enjoy that but I know they would really like a swing set. It would give them something else to do. We don't let them play out front without one of us out there because they are still too young (although we have had neighbors who have let their kids who are just as young play out front and in the all of the rest of our yards without supervision) but we have a 6 foot fence in the backyard so it is safer. So, that's what we're thinking about purchasing. Maybe it would make a nice Easter present.

Yesterday, our 2 year old decided that she wanted to help brush the dog. Only she didn't use a brush. Just her hands. We have a black lab and of course he is starting to shed his winter coat. I have to vacuum the house at least once a day. Anyway, when I got out of the shower and came out to the living to check on the girls there was black dog hair everywhere. And I mean it was everywhere. I should have taken a picture. The entire living room floor was covered with hair and so was the hallway and dining room. It was all over the couch too. I had to vacuum the living room twice just to get everything up. It was such a mess. I was so frustrated but when I talked to Steve on the phone and told him about it we both laughed because it was kind of funny.

Anywho, there's not much new to report about our family. We're just taking each day as it comes. Some days I think I am going to go insane because the kids just drive me nuts. I always tell Steve that someday when he comes home I am going to be like Goldie Hawn in the movie Overboard and I will be sitting in the chair going "Ba ba ba ba" while the kids throw grapes at my head. But, other days, like today, are not too bad and I wonder why some days they decide that they want to act better than other days. Ah, kids.

Hurry up spring and turn into summer.

10 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

just make sure they clean their room before i get home. . .

March 23, 2006 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

hahaha

March 23, 2006 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger JBelle said...

oh that Granati--he's a silver-tongued devil, isn't he? ;) Your girls would have a good time with the Chow Nation--lots and lots of hair to be "styled" here.

March 23, 2006 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

i think some is jealous about you-know-who-oo-oo-oo...

March 23, 2006 at 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment from india---- anyone have a slurpy? I cant find a single 7-11

March 26, 2006 at 4:28 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

You can't find a single 7-11? I'm so shocked!

March 26, 2006 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, i see a lot of potential clerks, but not a single 7-11

March 27, 2006 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

thank you very much...come again

March 28, 2006 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Was that your regular Indian or your gay Indian?

March 28, 2006 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

heheh...you decide.

March 28, 2006 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home