Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Call From Jeff

Tonight, while we were at Youth Group, my brother Jeff called. We had finished the study and my phone rang. I could not get to the phone in time and so I checked who called me. I saw that I had 5 missed calls and they were from a 619 area code. I didn't recognize the number. Then, Stephen's phone starting ringing but I couldn't find the phone in time to answer it. When I found his phone I discovered that it was the same number and he had 3 missed calls. It seemed strange that somebody with a number I didn't recognize was calling both of our phones so many times. Then, my phone started to ring again. This time I answered it and I was so surprised to hear my brother's voice. He said that they were given special privileges to make a phone call but he couldn't talk long. I asked him if things are getting any better. He said that they are a little bit. I asked him how his knee is doing (in his last letter he had said that his knee had been hurting) and he said that it was doing better but he is now getting over bronchitis. I feel bad for him because I am sure it is very tough to be battling that while going through grueling training. I also asked him how he is doing spiritually and he said that his faith is very strong right now. I was very glad to hear that. He also said that he sent me a letter today so I should receive that in the next few days and I'll post any updates that I get.

I was so happy to get to talk to my brother, and I'm sure it was a relief to him when I finally answered my phone. Please continue to pray for him that he will have the strength to endure the training and that his faith will stay strong. Please also pray that his body will be healed quickly. I will let you know when I hear more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home