Friday, September 16, 2005

Ahh... Pregnancy

Ahh. The joys of pregnancy. I am really tired of being pregnant. If you have ever been pregnant you know exactly what I am talking about.

Don't get me wrong. I am still glad I am pregnant because to have the baby right now would be too early. I am just tired of being uncomfortable. And, I know it is going to get worse. I have never had to experience the last month of pregnancy and I have been told that the last month is miserable.

My back hurts almost all of the time. My brother, Jeff, would tell me to stop whining, but it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to. I injured my lower back in between my first and second pregnancies. My back didn't bother me at all during my first pregnancy but it did my second one. Nothing like this time though. If I walk around too much or do too much of any kind of physical activity it can really lay me up. I have spent a couple of weekends laid up on the couch from doing housework. The other day I got a pinched nerve or something just from bending over to kiss my youngest daughter. Yesterday it started to feel better, but then I walked out to get the mail and bent over slightly to get the mail out of the box. OUCH! There it went again. Today has been a better day.

Back pain is just part of it. I have been getting more heartburn and indigestion during this pregnancy. My pelvis hurts. And, I shouldn't even get started on going to the bathroom all the time. I have to get up at least once during the night. When I am out in public I usually have to take my 4 year old to the bathroom every place we stop so that is a good excuse for me to go too.

Sleeping comfortably is out of the question. When I am not pregnant I can roll over in my sleep and not wake up. Now I wake up several times during the night because I am uncomfortable (mostly from back pain) and I have to roll my whole whale of a body over. Forget sleeping on my back. I guess I am just practicing for the sleepless nights once the baby gets here.

I have also gained more weight already during this pregnancy than I did with my other too. The only difference I can think of is that I don't exercise as much because my back always hurts.

I don't mean to sound like such a complainer. I just can't wait until this baby is born as long as he doesn't come too early. Besides, pregnancy is the easy part. It's after they're born that the hard stuff begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home