Friday, January 27, 2006

They're Back

Well, my family made it back safely from India. I picked them up from the airport on Wednesday night. Their flight was a little delayed so it didn't arrive until after 10:00. Steve was originally going to be the one to pick them up but I was anxious to see all of them so I went instead.

They were all very tired and a little disheveled after 30+ hours of non-stop traveling. And, that was just the travel from Singapore. They spent about 24 hours in Singapore so that they could rest a little before the long trip home. The journey actually began a few days before that in Siliguri. They were supposed to fly from Siliguri to Calcutta but there was too much fog so they had to take an 11 1/2 hour train ride to Calcutta. From the details that I have heard about the ride, disgusting is probably an understatement of that part of the trip. Now they all feel like "experienced" travellers. My mom said it reminded her of an episode of "Amazing Race". I don't know how my 9 year old sister handled 3 weeks in India because I don't know if I could have done it.

I have been anxious to see my family and hear more about the trip but we have not been able to go to their house since they got back because some of them are now battling some kind of stomach bug. I don't know if it is contagious or not but I really don't want to take the chance. The kids and I might go over there tomorrow because Steve will be busy helping his parents out. Maybe then I will be able to get more details about the trip. We'll have to wait and see how everyone is feeling though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to India! Are you going to post some pictures?

February 1, 2006 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

I actually don't have any pictures to post, but my husband has some on his flikr account which you can link to from his blog. His blog is orangefrog76 and the link is on the right. He went there in May 2004 and took some really cool pictures.

February 2, 2006 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home