Thursday, February 09, 2006

Growing Up

My baby boy is growing up. I can't believe how big he is already. I have no idea what he weighs or what his length is right now but he's getting big. That reminds me that I need to make an appointment for him to see the doctor for his 4 month checkup. He is already going to be 4 months old on the 15th. Whew!

I guess I can safely say that he is no longer a newborn. Last week he started rolling over from his tummy to his back. And, he can roll from his back to his side so it looks like he might start rolling over the other way pretty soon. He loves to play with his toys. We have this little gym that we set over him and he loves to reach for the toys that hang from it. And, he can now reach for the toys on the tray of his swing. He is also drooling all over the place. But, if he is like his sisters that doesn't mean that he will start getting his teeth anytime soon. The girls both started to get their teeth kind of late. They drooled for months before they got any teeth.

I hope this post doesn't sound like I am bragging about what my baby can do. I'm just trying to give an update of what milestones he has reached lately. It's neat but in a small way it also makes me a little bit sad because he is no longer a helpless little newborn. I do love this age though because he is not just a lump anymore. He is developing quite a happy personality and he is more like a member of the family. I love to hear him laugh and it melts my heart every time he looks up at me and smiles.

1 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

you forgot that he likes to hear me play guitar. sad, sad, sad!

February 9, 2006 at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home