Friday, March 31, 2006

Getting Glasses

So...I am getting glasses. Does it make me feel like I am getting old? No. Does it mean that I am getting older? Probably.

Steve and I went and had eye exams on Monday. Our youngest daughter broke his glasses a couple of months ago and it had been 2 years since we had last had our eyes checked. At our last exam I was told that I had 20/20 vision and that I didn't need glasses. I couldn't really understand why the doctor would tell me that I didn't need glasses since I knew that I couldn't see as well as I had before and when I put Steve's glasses on they actually helped. So, I didn't get glasses last time.

This time we went to a different place. We didn't really like the other place too well. Anyway, I explained to this doctor that I would like to get glasses for driving at night and for church. I don't like squinting at our pastor. She could understand that and was fine with giving me a prescription for glasses. When I asked her what my vision actually was she told me that it is still 20/20. I wasn't really surprised. I could read the bottom of the eye chart with both eyes. She said that I probably used to have 20/10 vision and now I just notice that I can't see as well. I guess it is a good thing that I at least notice it. She said that she has a lot of patients whose vision is a lot worse and they think they can see fine. I have decided that if this is 20/20 vision then I don't like it. I want my 20/10 back. I hope the glasses will help with that. I don't want to become dependant on them and have to wear them all the time. I am just planning on wearing them when I need them.

We should be able to pick them up in a couple of days. I picked out a couple of what I think and what Steve thinks are cute pairs but we'll see what everyone else thinks.

7 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

you don't believe me? i *sniff* understand. . .

March 31, 2006 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger JBelle said...

oh Erin! You are such a happy person! xxxoo

April 1, 2006 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

well, of course they're cute glasses... they look like mine :)

April 3, 2006 at 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he I did not lose my 20/10 till in my late 30s. I think your problem is you are always having to look at Stephen, and well he just don't look as good as he used too. I don't think the glasses are going to help.

Dateline- New Delhi, India and welcome back to broadband internet. I'm on my way home.

April 4, 2006 at 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get a nose bugger like your sister?

April 4, 2006 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

*shocked face*

grrrrr, ts. you stepped way over the line this time:

i think your problem is you are always having to look at stephen, and well he just don't look as good as he used too. i don't think the glasses are going to help.

April 4, 2006 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Are you making fun of my 20/20 vision Dad? And yes, I now match my sister. :) We'll have to come over and visit when you get home so you can admire my new jewelry.

April 4, 2006 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home