Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Girls Nite Out

On Saturday night I had my first Girls Nite Out in what seemed like forever. I don't think I can even remember the last time I went out with friends. I have been to home parties and things like that in recent months (well, not since the baby came) but I hadn't gone out with friends in a very long time.

Last week some of us had talked about getting together on Saturday night and watching a movie or something. No husbands and no kids. Well, it turned into a surprise birthday dinner for their new pastor's wife (these few friends go to the church that I grew up going to) and so I decided that I wasn't going to go because I don't really know her very well. On Thursday my friend Jenny left me a voice mail inviting me to come and telling me that some of us might still go out and do something after dinner. She told me to come have fun and get out of the house. I decided that that's what I was going to do. So what if I didn't know their pastor's wife very well. I knew her well enough to know that I like her and I knew I would have fun.

We ended up having dinner at Elmer's. There were over 20 women there and of course there was lots of picture taking and laughing. We had a good time. After dinner a few of us decided that we wanted to go bowling. So, we headed on over to Triple Play. Only 3 of us ended up showing up there but we got 2 games in and we had fun. We bowled next to a group of high schoolers and it was kind of funny watching them try to impress each other with their antics. I guess it wasn't that long ago that I was like that although it almost seems like it was a lifetime ago. I am so glad that I am not that age anymore. My 2 girlfriends and I just enjoyed ourselves and we didn't have to worry about impressing anyone.

As we were walking out of the bowling alley Jenny and I decided that we need to have Girls Nite Out more often. It was nice to get out of the house and let our husbands spend quality time with our kids while we spent quality time with friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBelle said...

Bowling! How much fun was THAT? ohhhh, I wish I would have been there....

March 30, 2006 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

It was a lot of fun! I hadn't been bowling in so long...

March 31, 2006 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home