Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Late Easter Greetings

I hope that everyone out there had a great Easter. We did but it was a very long day for us.

My Easter Sunday started at 4:15 a.m. The reason I got up so early was because our church had a sunrise service at 6:30 at the Greyhound Race Track. Steve had to be there at 5:15 for the sound check and I had to get myself and all of the kids ready. When the alarm went off I remember thinking that I was crazy for getting up that early and getting the kids up early as well.

The sunrise service was nice but Steve was busy overseeing the sound board so I had the kids with me the entire time. That fact alone might be the reason that I may not go to the sunrise service next year. I like to go but that is a long time for the kids to sit still and not talk.

We got home a little after 8:00 and a little while later I got all of the kids down for early naps. Then I took a short nap myself. The only one who didn't sleep was our second oldest. I did feel bad for Steve because he had to stay behind and take the stage down at the race track, set it up again at church and do sound at the 11:00 service. So, needless to say, he didn't get a nap. As soon as he got home a little before 1:00 we had to leave to go to my parents' house for an egg hunt and dinner. We were so glad that the weather was nice for the egg hunt. At 6:00 we went to Steve's parents' house for another egg hunt and dessert. We stayed there for a few hours but we decided that we needed to get going because it had been such a long day for everyone.

We got home a little after 9:00 and got the kids to bed and then a little while later we got ourselves to bed. It was a long day but a good one. With being so busy I had to remember to stop and take time to remember the reason for the holiday that we were celebrating. That Jesus died for my sins and the sins of the world and rose from the dead. I am so grateful for that sacrifice. We made it a point to explain the reason for Easter to our oldest daughter as well. She seemed to understand.

I always kinda consider Easter to be the beginning of spring and it looks like nicer weather is on the way. I hope the warmer weather is here to stay.

1 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

7o°f on thursday...w00t w00t

April 18, 2006 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home