Tuesday, April 04, 2006

OUCH!

Well, I did it. I got a piercing I never thought I would get. I got my nose pierced yesterday. Steve had been trying to talk me into it for a long time and I wouldn't do it. I just didn't want to do it before. I don't know what made me decide that I wanted to yesterday. I had started thinking about doing it a few days before. Steve had told me that it could be my birthday present. I guess that gets him out of shopping for me. ;)

I'm not going to lie and say that it didn't hurt. It did. My eyes watered really bad. I wasn't crying but when you've just had a really big needle go through your nose it makes your eyes water. I figured I could handle the pain since I have gotten my ears pierced 7 times, I have gotten a tattoo and I have delivered 3 children. It still hurt though. I don't get a thrill from the pain like some people do. The girl that did it first started off by cleaning the area. Then, she put some numbing stuff on my nose. After that she showed me the metal tube that she was going to stick in my nose so that she wouldn't pierce throught the other side. Nice, huh? Next, she told me to close my eyes. I did because I didn't want to see the needle. Steve watched. I guess she missed the metal tube but she didn't pierce the other side of my nose. After she pulled the needle out she stuck the screw in. A nose screw doesn't sound very pleasant does it? Luckily, I didn't swell too bad but I am a bleeder. It's just a little red today though. The little bit of swelling that I did have has pretty much gone down. It does get sore after I clean it.

So, now I have my nose pierced. I honestly never thought I would do that, but I really like it now that I have it. The screw that I picked out has a light blue stone in it. So, now I got me some bling. Now I just hope I don't get it caught on anything or I don't get a cold. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

hey rin,
i like your nose =)

April 4, 2006 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Thanks granati :)

April 4, 2006 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Word Tosser said...

You got a tattoo? Did it hurt. I have wanted a butterfly on my shoulder, but chicken out everytime my sister in law trys to talk me into doing it.
What do you have and does it hurt?

April 4, 2006 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

i think you should get one. rin and i got them for our one year anniversary.

April 4, 2006 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

I have an outline of a dove signifying the Holy Spirit on my lower back. It did hurt but my tattoo is basically just an outline so it didn't take very long. I am hoping to get another tattoo below it to kinda finish it off. The joke in my family is that I have a bird flying down my pants. Tattoos aren't for everyone but I am so glad that I got mine. Like I said, I hope to get another one but I want to lose some more weight first and they can be kinda pricey.

April 4, 2006 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home