Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sick Again

So, the girls and I are sick again. Yuck! On Saturday our oldest daughter woke up with a cough. She wasn't too bad during the day but by that night she had very watery eyes and a runny nose. The next morning I stayed home from church so that she wouldn't expose all of the kids in her Sunday school class. She ran a fever that day and her cough got worse. Yesterday she was doing a little bit better but our younger daughter started to cough. This morning when she woke up she had a fever and her cough was worse. Luckily, our older daughter has been feeling better today. I have had a scratchy throat since yesterday and now I am starting to feel worse. Why do we keep getting sick?

I have begun to notice that our oldest daughter is a lot like me when she gets sick. It seems like no matter what she gets (even the smallest cold) she gets a cough. I have been like that since I was a kid. Our younger daughter has a cough this time but she doesn't get a cough as often as her sister and I do.

I am praying that Steve and our son don't get sick. I know that our son has a stronger immune system because I am still nursing him but I hope that he takes after his dad and has a stronger immune system as he gets older than his sisters do. Steve doesn't get sick that often. I wish the girls and I were like that. We seem to catch everything that goes around. Our son has yet to catch a cold. I know both of the girls had had colds by the time they were his age. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they were both premature.

Well, anyway, I hope that we get better soon and this illness doesn't last as long as the last one which was only about a month and a half ago. I hate when the kids are sick and I hate it even more when I don't feel well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Word Tosser said...

yep, it is going around again. Our grandson has it... friends have it..
+ that is my fingers in a cross to guard me from it... lol
Seriously, hope you all are getting better. Nothing breaks a mom's heart more than a sick kid,especially when they are babies.

April 26, 2006 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home