Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Awana Awards Night

Last night was Awana Awards Night. Our oldest daughter got her award for finishing her second Cubbies book. I went up with her when she got her award because the parents of Cubbies get a diploma for all of the work that they do to help their kids finish their books. B is very proud of the ribbon that will go on her Cubbies vest under the Cubbie bear that she got last year for finishing her first book.

My family was well represented last night at the awards ceremony. Both of my younger brothers and my youngest sister also got awards for finishing their books. My brother, Jeff, was awarded the Citation Award which is the highest award you can achieve in Awana. I guess its kind of like being an Eagle Scout or something like that. To earn the Citation you have to have finished 10 books from 3rd grade through 12th grade. I believe you recite well over 1500 Bible verses and you read the entire Bible through at least once. It is a lot of work and a lot of dedication for 10 years. Jeff is the third person in our family to earn the award. My sister, Erica, and I both earned the award as well when we were his age.

After the awards ceremony there were refreshments and we were able to visit with friends. Some of them we probably won't see until next fall when Awana starts up again. We'll see some of them next week because there will be a dinner for the Awana leaders. After that our Tuesday nights will be free for the summer. Ahh. That will be nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

all i can say is:
"i'm freeeeeeeeeeeee"

May 18, 2006 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

hahaha

May 18, 2006 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Word Tosser said...

That is great that you work in that. My husband use to work with the kids in the games part. I help out at the fair. I hand out balloons. Ours is at our church Kootenai Community Church. The kids are so cool. Once in a while I would go in and help with some cubbie who were having trouble with a lesson. Usually it was the chapter to do with memorizing all the book titles. Which is hard for me to pronounce.. so sometimes it is funny for them to hear me trying. It also relaxes them to see that an adult has trouble with those names too. lol
God Bless you both as they kids sure appreciate it so much. And it is hard work for the adults.

June 7, 2006 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home