Monday, February 26, 2007

A Letter From Jeff

I got a letter from my brother on Saturday. He is doing well. He sent it the same day that he called me so there wasn't really anything new. Just pretty much the same things he told me in his phone call. It was still nice to hear from him. His spirits did sound more "up" since his last letter. He mentioned getting over bronchitis and that he had a three mile run on Friday and other physical testing that same day. If he passed those then he was actually supposed to get sent up "north" to Pendleton on Saturday. I thought he was already there but I guess not. He said that up "north" is where the real training begins. He also said that he has heard that up "north" is harder and the DIs (drill instructors) get harder and meaner. But he has also heard that time goes by quicker. I hope for his sake that it does. He has about seven and a half weeks left. I can't wait to see him. I think I'll try to sit down and write him a letter tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

hopefully i get a letter from him today. we'll see. i wonder what he thought of b-ers letter.

February 27, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home