Monday, August 29, 2005

Fair Week

I guess that title is kind of misleading. Last week was fair week. I made two trips to the North Idaho Fair this year. On Friday night I went with my mom and my two sisters to see the rodeo. That was a lot of fun. The rodeo clown, Flint Rasmussen, was one of the best rodeo clowns I have ever seen. He had the whole crowd cracking up several times.

Yesterday all of us went to the fair. Our family tradition is for all of us to go on Sunday for the demolition derby. I have been going with my dad ever since I was about 5 years old and I think I have gone every year since then except for one year about 4 years ago. Now my husband goes along and this year we took our 3 year old daughter for the first time. She loved it! We were very disappointed though. They only had 8 cars in the whole thing! We couldn't believe it. Usually they have quite a few heats to get to the final heat, but this time there was just one. And, it was over pretty quickly. Needless to say, it was very disappointing and the worst demolition derby we had ever seen.

On a happier note, we did get to enjoy huckleberry ice cream cones and a deep fried Twinkie. I probably gained a few pounds at the fair which isn't good at this stage in my pregnancy, but oh well. With how many trips I made to the bathroom with our daughter maybe I walked a few calories off. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ErinG said...

No, it was not very pleasant. And, everyone knows those bathrooms aren't the cleanest places.

August 30, 2005 at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home