Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mother, Daughter & Sister Bonding

Yesterday my 3 year old daughter (almost 4 year old), my 9 year old sister and I all got our ears pierced together. It was really kind of a special time for us to do that together.

It was originally going to just be my sister getting her ears pierced. Steve and I had offered to take her and we took our girls along. I figured that I would just sign for her because I had permission from our parents to do so. No can do. The state of Idaho basically considers ear piercing to be like minor surgery and you have to have a parent sign the consent form. Well, my sister was bummed so I called to see if our dad would come down to the mall and sign for her. He was a sweet dad and came down.

In the mean time our oldest daughter had been saying that she wanted to get her ears pierced. I told her that it hurts a little bit and that she could watch my sister get her's done first. Well, she changed her mind. She said that she was scared and that she didn't want to get her ears pierced anymore. After a little convincing and bribing she decided that she would get them pierced. One of the bribes was that I would get my ears pierced again. We had her sit in my lap and hug a teddy bear while she looked straight at Steve. She was so brave. After it was over and they cleaned her ears Steve picked her up and that's when she started to cry a little. Not much. I was so proud of her. She got a sucker and a sticker. Then it was my turn. Holes number 6 and 7 in my ears. I didn't cry either. ;) They offered me a sucker. I settled for a Strawberry Julius from the food court instead.

Now my little girl has these pretty little earring in her ears and it makes her look so grown up. As her 4th birthday approaches I am kind of sad because it reminds me that my little girl is growing up and becoming more independent of me all the time. Sometimes I like the independence, but other times I just want her to stay my little baby forever. I also like to look forward to the coming years when we can have more mom and daughter bonding times like we did yesterday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yesterday my 3 year old daughter (almost 4 year old), my 9 year old sister and I all got our ears pierced together. It was really kind of a special time for us to do that together."

Why would all three of you get your ears pierced together. Won't ya'll grow kind of tired of being stuck to each other after awhile?

September 14, 2005 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home