Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Time For Awana

It's that time of year again boys and girls. Tonight is the first night of Awana at Bethel Baptist Church. My husband and I are leaders. Our oldest daughter is in Cubbies (for 3 and 4 year olds). Last year was her first year in Cubbies. She looks so cute in her little blue vest.

Steve is the Game Director for the 3rd through 6th grade boys and girls. He is the perfect person for that position because the kids all like him and he gets into the games with them and also gets the leaders involved. Last year I was a 5th and 6th grade girls leader but this year I will kind of be floating wherever they need me until the baby is born. I will then take a few months off and come back probably at the beginning of next year and serve where I am needed.

Awana is such a great program. I went through it from 3rd grade all the way through 12th grade. Kids come and play games, have handbook time where they recite Scripture verses to their leaders, and go to council time where someone gives a lesson or talks about missions or something like that. There are also various extra activities throughout the year.

Bethel's program is for 3 year olds all the way through high school but some churches vary on what age groups they have. I highly recommend the program to anyone and it is offered at churches all over the country and even all over the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger ErinG said...

Yeah, I went there from 5th grade through 9th grade. We must have gone together at some point. Did you ever go to Awana at Bethel? Do you mind telling me who your friend was?

September 13, 2005 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

I remember Saundra Sommers but I don't know if she would remember me. My last name back then was Stagner.

Her parents haven't gone to Bethel for a long time. I don't go there anymore either, but my parents still do.

That really is weird if we went to Awana together. Like you said, small world.

September 13, 2005 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

Also Bre, Bethel is where Steve and I first met each other and also Dave Oliveria and his family.

September 14, 2005 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

I was in Mrs. Merriman's Sunday School class for two years. She was such a sweet lady. Do you know if she is still alive?

I don't know where Saundra's parents ending up going to church after they left Bethel or even if they did start going anywhere else.

September 14, 2005 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw her about a month ago at Costco.

September 14, 2005 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger ErinG said...

You saw Mrs. Merriman?

September 14, 2005 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home