Thursday, September 08, 2005

More Kitty Drama

I just got back from the pharmacy where I had to pick up a human antibiotic for our kitten. She has some kind of respiratory infection from being at the humane society. Last week I took her to the vet for the free vet check that the shelter requires you to get. I knew that she had some kind of respiratory problem because she was sneezing all the time (green cat snot on your clothes is really gross) and hacking. The vet gave me an antibiotic (one meant for animals) and told me that it should fix the problem.

Well, it didn't. She hadn't really gotten any better. Maybe less hacking, but not any less sneezing. Especially not in the middle of the night when she likes to climb on our bed and wake us up by sneezing in our faces. It's such a pleasant way to awaken. Anyway, I guess last night while I was getting ready for bed hubby said she had a sneezing fit that lasted for about 20 sneezes. It may not have been that many-he does tend to exaggerate sometimes. =) He said that she did this by the window in the living room. This morning I found her playing with the curtains (I really hate that) and as I was chasing her away I noticed little blood spatters all over my white curtains. YUCK! You're probably wondering why we have white curtains in a house with two (almost three) young kids in it. Well, the kids leave the curtains alone-it's the cat that can't seem to learn. Anywho, I found Steve and asked him if when she had her little sneezing fit she was facing him or the window. He said that she was facing the window. So, I assumed it was her blood. The blood was also all over the humidifier but that is much easier to clean up.

I called the vet and explained my situation. He has now prescribed a human antibiotic for our 12 week old kitten. I hope this does the trick because it would be nice to not have to wipe cat snot off my face in the middle of the night. And, this could get expensive since our cat is not covered in our insurance plan. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger stebbijo said...

Hey there!

I just found your blog!

I will be listing you on my site!

Did you use to post on the Idaho Statesman board? Just an inquiry.

September 9, 2005 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger ErinG said...

No, I didn't.

I will add you to my site if I can remember how. ;)

September 9, 2005 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home